The Trainz Displacement Recolorer (TDR) is a small Windows
32bit application for adjusting greyscale images to use in the Trainz Simulator.
window contains the following controls and options.
- Ground Level: Specifies where, along the grey scale, the ground will be.
- Show Contours: Toggles between showing and hiding the contour lines.
- Flatten Mountains: This feature serves two uses by right-clicking...
- Flatten Mountains: This will scale the mountain down a specified
- Lower Mountains: This will not scale and simply lower the mountain,
thus reducing the mountains footprint.
- Fill in Valleys: This feature also services two uses by
- Fill in Valleys: This will fill in the valleys by a specified
- Invert Valleys: This will turn the valley into a mountain by a
- Scale Up Mountains: If the highest color is not 255, this will increase
the height of all mountains by a certain percent so the tallest mountain
- Calc Base: If you have an image identical to a displacement that already
has contour lines, this will calculate the base (ground level).
- Get High/Low Colors: Self explinatory
- Make New Contours: If you don't have a file with contour lines, this
feature will create them.
- Redraw: This will redraw the image with the specified settings.
- Auto Draw Contours: This is the same as clicking the Make New Contours
button after the redraw is complete.
- Apply Blur - #: This will apply a blur to the image, by the amount
specified with the scroll bar under it.
- Valley Scrollbar: Adjusts the percentage of valley adjustment.
- Mountain scrollbar: Adjusts the percentage of mountain adjustment.
Hopefully from this brief description, you have a good idea just what this
little baby can do.